Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Assessment and Certification
- What is the PTQCS?
The Philippine TVET Qualification and Certification System (PTQCS) is a quality-assured structure used for giving recognition to the attainment of competencies (knowledge, skills, attitudes and values) along the middle-level skilled occupations. It is the process of determining the qualification level of a person and giving recognition to the attainment of competencies in that particular level.
- What is competency assessment?
It is the process of collecting evidence and making judgments on whether competency has been achieved. It focuses in assessing an individual's skills, knowledge, attitude and work values relative to a unit or cluster of units of competency.
- What is the basis for assessment and certification?
TESDA implements assessment and certification for all qualifications with promulgated Training Regulations.
The Training Regulation defines the knowledge, skills and attitudes/values required for competent performance in the workplace.
The competency requirements, as defined in the relevant Training Regulations shall be the take-off point of all corresponding qualifications, assessment and certification in all industry sectors.
The list of promulgated Training Regulations may be accessed at the TESDA Website: http://www.tesda.gov.ph
- How is assessment conducted?
Assessment is conducted through any of the following evidence gathering methods: demonstration/observation with oral questioning, written test, interview, third party report, portfolio and submission of work projects.
- Who may apply for assessment?
Students, workers or any individuals who wants to determine his/her qualification level.
- Where can one apply for assessment?
An individual may apply for assessment in any of the following:
- Private TESDA-accredited assessment centers. The list of accredited assessment centers is uploaded in the TESDA website: www.tesda.gov.ph
- TESDA Regional and Provincial Offices
- TESDA TVET Institutions-Assessment Centers
- What are the requirements for assessment?
- Duly-accomplished Application Form
- Three (3) Passport size picture with name written at the back of each picture
- Duly-Accomplished Self Assessment Guide
- Who shall conduct the assessment?
Assessment shall be conducted by TESDA Accredited Competency Assessors
- How much is the assessment fee?
The assessment fee is based on the list of fees promulgated by the TESDA Board and endorsed by the National Economic Development Authority. See the List here
- Can the private TESDA-accredited assessment centers collect assessment fees?
Yes, the private TESDA-accredited assessment centers may collect assessment fee based on the TESDA Board promulgated assessment fee.
- What is mandatory assessment?
Mandatory assessment is given to graduating students of WTR-registered programs. Assessment may be conducted in the facilities of the private TVIs designated as assessment venues. However, assessment must be facilitated by the TESDA Regional/Provincial Office or the TTI-TACs immediately after training.
- What is a National Certificate (NC)? A Certificate of Competency (COC)?
National Certificate is issued when a candidate has demonstrated competence in all units of competency that comprised a Qualification.
Certificate of Competency is issued to individuals who have satisfactorily demonstrated competence on a particular or cluster of units of competency.
- What is the validity of the NC or COC?
The NC or COC is valid for five (5) years.
- How can a holder renew his/her expired NC or COC?
In areas where new Training Regulations have been promulgated, holders of NC/COC shall upon expiration undergo competency assessment based on the new competency standards and assessment tools in the absence of a new promulgated Training Regulations, holders of NC or COC shall upon expiration be renewed upon request of holder and after verification in the RWAC.
- Where do the applicant apply for renewal and/or replacement of NC or COC?
An individual may apply for renewal and/or replacement of NC or COC in the TESDA District or Provincial Office where the original NC or COC was issued.
- How can one verify the validity of the NC or COC?
| user online|
| November 14 2018|